While on vacation, the Ross family finds a girl stranded in the middle of the ocean and invites her aboard their yacht. Meanwhile, Bertram stays home and babysits Mrs. Kipling, who has separation anxiety from Ravi.
Jessie and the kids take a trip in their private yacht. On their way, they meet a mysterious girl who doesn't seem to remember anything. Luke has a crush on her. Emma uses her as a mannequin. Jessie treats her nice. Zuri suspects that she is a mermaid because she remembers that she wore tails, she can't control her legs very good and her dad held a large fork. Ravi helps do a DNA test to figure out if she really is a mermaid. According to Ravi's DNA test, she was a mermaid because it said she was part fish and part human. Zuri gets excited because her wish had been to meet a real mermaid since Millie the Mermaid wasn't there anymore. Ravi wasn't so excited because he said that mermaids bring bad luck such as sinking ships... "Delphina" overhears them and apologizes for all the things she might cause. In the end, she jumps off the ship, thinking she was a mermaid and she wouldn't sink but turns out she wasn't. The DNA had come from her mouth which she was eating fish. When she fell in the water, her memory came back. *Watch the full episode to hear her full story.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Meaghan Jette Martin as Delphina / Kim
- Meaghan Martin starred in the hit DCOM Camp Rock as rival mean girl Tess Tyler.
- This episode is part of the Rossed at Sea Weekend.
- This episode is also known as "Catch of the Day."
- Millie the Mermaid was mentioned. This is her final appearance on JESSIE, however she is mentioned in Cav'd In on BUNK'D.
- This episode is a reused plot from the Disney show "The Suite Life on Deck" and was called " Lost at Sea".
- Kim's name may be a reference to the beloved Disney Channel show 'Kim Possible'.
- Zuri mentions Poseidon Greek god of the sea.
- When Bertram activates Ravi's hologram, he says "I guess there is an app for everything!" which is a play on the Apple iTunes slogan, "There's an app for that!"
- At the end of the episode, Jessie called Kim Delphina, which was the name she was thought to be called, but not long before, "Delphina" revealed her name was Kim.
| To view the Rossed at Sea Part 1 gallery, click here.