|“|| Bertram: I'll be wearing it when I frolic through the crystal blue waters of Mexico!
Luka Ross: And here's my impression of the fish when he does [Screams dramatically]
— Luka (and Bertram), in "Christmas Story"
Luka Elizabeth Megan Ross is one of the main characters on Jessie. She is shown to be a very mischievous and irresponsible girl. She was adopted from Detroit, Michigan when she was 4 years old. Luka is the first youngest. She is currently 19-years old. Luka is portrayed by Chelsea Sabrina Boyce.
Luka Ross was born on November 2, 1999, in Detroit, Michigan to Clarity June Olson, which was announced in Lizard Scales and Wrestling Tales. She was adopted at the age of 4 by Morgan and Christina Ross. Luka has a stuffed bear named Kennedy The Koala. In her first days of school, Luka quickly became popular among her friends and peers. She is shown to be athletic but does poorly grade-wise. Upon meeting Jessie, Luke quickly forms a friendship on her but despite the fact that there's a seven-year age gap between them, she still tries to befriend her. Luka's favorite thing to do is take advantage of her slightly younger brother, Ravi, but in the end, Luka gets what she deserves.
Luka is a mischievous, sarcastic, cool, and a prank-loving girl. Several times she is shown to be bored out of her mind, especially when it comes to school, yet she is clever when it comes to playing tricks on her siblings and Bertram.
Luka is nice and caring. Luka is a good kid, but she is shown to be self-centered when it comes to impressing boys or when she feels entitled to something. She is shown to be intelligent in Identity Thieves, but it was because she never tried, that she did poorly in school. But usually, she's an air-head, as she constantly loses thought when it comes to checking out or crushing on boys or almost anything else.
Luka is very talented at dancing, especially break dancing. She often finds toning her dancing skills down to be difficult. In the episode "One Day Wonders" she break dances while Jessie plays the song "Texas Guys" in Central Park. In "Toy Con" she and Emma give Bertram salsa dancing lessons so that he can impress a girl he has a crush on, by showing him some "basic steps," that no novice regardless of their weight can keep up with. When Bertram's self-confidence at the dance contest gets the best of him, Luka takes his place.
The girl describes her as "a bit of a showboat," which is proven to be quite true when she and Emma win the contest hands down. She also had a crush on Bryan Breitbart, but finally realizes Bryan's true colors.
Luka has a terrible sense of hygiene, due to being a girl. Her gym clothes were able to knock out Mrs. Kipling. She doesn't care that much about her clothes as she has been known to rarely change her underwear. She hardly ever brushes her teeth and has a very smelly armpit smell.
Changes in Personality
Luka is immature, mischievous and a prankster.
She is slightly more mature and might be a little smarter, but still a prankster.
She is much smarter and quite mature now. She is also more sensitive.
She continues to get smarter and more mature. She cares more about school.
Luka Ross has curly black hair, brown eyes, and lots of freckles. She has dimples on both sides of her mouth. Luka dresses in jeans, high tops, and dress shirts. Luke was initially short in comparison to others, she only reached up to Jessie's shoulder. She had a huge growth spurt and grew from 4'9" to 5'7", she grew almost a foot taller and was able to be taller than Emma's height, growing taller than everyone. She was becoming somewhat of a giant, and she was lean and thin before but as she became a towering woman, her body developed to become more gentle. She grows so much that she becomes as tall as most adults in the show.
Changes in Appearance
Season 1 - She is 4'9 and cute.
Season 2 - She grows slightly taller and is lean.
Season 3 - Slightly built, average height, and has a higher squeakier voice after the first two seasons.
Season 4 - Becomes as tall as most adults on the show.
Jessie is Luka's nanny and best friend who she tries to befriend. Throughout the show, she constantly tries to hit on Jessie, as many times as possible, even though she makes it clear she's uninterested, but still doesn't manage to give up. Due to being an air-head she usually misunderstands the idea that Bertram and Jessie are pretending either acting or pretending to be a couple. She even gets creepy when it's revealed by Luke that she saved a DVD video of Jessie hanging out at the beach and that she placed a camera in Jessie's room to spy on her, however, Jessie found out about it and placed a note saying that she's a pig. (SEE: Lessie)
Zuri is Luka's youngest sister adopted from Africa. They appear to have a good brother-sister relationship, due to the fact that they both commonly enjoy pulling pranks or making schemes on other people. (SEE: Luri)
Emma Ross (2004-Present; older sister)
"I am happy that you are Ross."
— Emma to Luka.
Emma is Luka's older sister. They tend to fight a lot, but they still have some fun adventures together and can sometimes get along.
Emma and Luke are in some ways closer to each other than to other siblings.
Or looking at their skirmishes they really love each other. Emma shows how much Luke is dear to her when she wanted to find her biological mother and only Emma agreed to help her, whatever it takes. They also love to make fun of each other, always positive to each other and always there for one another.
She usually doesn't enjoy hanging out with Luka, because of her repulsive and air-headed personality. Also, usually enjoys insulting her sister but also deep down they do care about each other. SEE: (Luma)
Ravi is Luka's younger brother adopted from India and his best friend. Luke enjoys pulling pranks on Ravi, but they do share a good brotherly relationship. But, usually either manipulates him throughout his intelligence or constantly insults him about him not being able to get girls, being a nerd, never winning anything, or being nonathletic.
Morgan and Christina Ross
They are the parents of Luke Ross. Luke is described as the child version of his dad, which is possibly where he gets his air-headed, immature, and repulsive personality.
Cody has an obsessive crush on Luka as seen in Creepy Cody Comes a Callin'. However, she doesn't like him back because she considers him fully creepy and insane. He returns in Creepy Cody's Curtain Call. He gets the lead role in Jessie's play in order to kiss her. Cody almost "married" her in Creepy Cody 3: The Creepening, as a plan to scare Luka into his arms. See: (Lody)
- Cody Thompson had an obsessive and major crush on her.
- Luka stands at 5 feet 7 inches.
- Luka was originally written as an 11-year-old boy from South Korea named Hiro. It was changed to a girl because casting directors were impressed with Boyce during the audition process, and ultimately decided to recreate the role specifically for her.
- It shows that she wears boxers, but Ravi says she wears tighty whities. You can also see briefs in one episode. (The Kid Whisperer)
- Luka is proud of the fact that she has big ears and the fact that she's gassy because she thinks it brings her closer to any boys.
- She owes Ravi 10 dollars.
- She plays the accordion.
- In an alternate future, Luka becomes a Dance-ketball Hall of Famer. (The Jessie-nator: Grudgement Day)
- According to Luka, Kennedy the Koala was her only family when she got adopted. (Quitting Cold Koala)
- Luka's voice begins to get higher and squeakier by the end of season 2 due to Chelsea Sabrina Boyce going through puberty, along with Ravi's voice. Similar to Gabriella from "Good Luck Charlie" for her misdemeanor and Max from "Wizards of Waverly Place", for his usual low intelligence.
- She has a bucket list. (Good Luck Jessie: NYC Christmas)
- She farts loudly and smelly when she wants attention
- She has a fantasy boyfriend list. (Diary of a Mad Newswoman)
- She possibly has Synesthesia and can see music as colors. (All The Knight Moves)
- Luka wants to become a professional dancer when she's older. (Krumping and Crushing)
- For a while, she believed she was from another planet named Krypton because Morgan told her some time ago when she was younger as a joke. It wasn't until later when she found out she was from Detroit.
- She is revealed to eat and chew her toenails. ("Rossed at Sea Part 3").
- Luka said the last line of the series: "Always".
- Luka doesn't appear in "Bunk'd", but she was mentioned by Zuri that she was stuck in summer school because she could not spell things. Although she could've been faking in order to hang out with Jessie. Jessie quit her job as a nanny when she got her big break in Hollywood.
- Luka appeared in a "Bunk'd" episode called "Luka's Back".
- In the episode "Luka's Back", the reason she came back to camp because she missed Emma, Ravi, and Zuri.
- Also, it was revealed she got straight A's in summer school.
- Although her ethnicity or race has never been revealed in the show, her Multiracial ethnicity in real life may correspond to her in the show.
- Both Jessie and Teddy have called Luka "freckles". (New York, New Nanny, and Good Luck Jessie: NYC Christmas)
- Luka became very tall and muscular. She was able to grow extremely tall as shown when she is in a van her head touches the top of it and she has to slouch in order to fit, due to her immense body.
- A running gag in the show, is Luka having terrible grooming habits.
- According to Bertram, Luka only brushes her teeth two nights a week.
- Luka returns again in an episode of "Bunk'd" called "Luka Out Below".
- A running gag in the series is when the gang talks about her report card.
| To view the Luke Ross gallery, click here.
|Jessie Prescott | Emma Ross | Luke Ross | Ravi Ross | Zuri Ross | Bertram Winkle|
|Mrs. Kipling | Tony Chiccolini | Rhoda Chesterfield | Agatha | Christina Ross | Morgan Ross | Zeus | Officer Petey | Rosie|
| Angela | Nana Banana | Vincent Liotta | Jordan Taylor | Connie Thompson | Lindsey | Brody Winton | Shaylee Michaels | Trevor | Finch | J.J. Mayfield | Axel | Samantha