Jessie's father invites her to the military base where she grew up and reveals that he is marrying her rival's mother. Meanwhile, Darla's super smart and crazy handsome brother, Caleb takes a shine to Emma and they try to make their relationship work.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Molly Shannon as Col. Beverly Shannon
- James Patrick Stuart as Lt. Colonel John Wayne "J.W." Prescott
- Molly Burnett as Darla Shannon
- Kate Flannery as Corporal Cookie
- Dylan Boyack as Caleb
- Merrick McCartha as Chaplain
- The episode title was G.I. Jessie, a parody of G.I. Joe.
- This was the third Jessie one-hour special event, following Austin & Jessie & Ally: All Star New Year and Jessie's Big Break.
- In this episode, it’s revealed that Jessie's mom died when she was younger.
- The majority of the episode doesn’t take place in New York.
- In this episode, Jessie quits, but after Luke, Ravi and Zuri save her and Emma, she comes back to the kids as their nanny.
- Jessie curses in this episode, though it’s censored by a blender. This is the second Disney Channel show to feature it. The first time it was shown was in the American Dragon Jake Long episode Dreamscape when Jake’s parents swear at each other in the morning when they wake up in a bad mood and they use a blender to censor the bad words.
- The transitional music in this episode is remixed with a military rhythm.
- It's the second time Emma painstakingly mentions One Direction, first time in "Quitting Cold Koala".
- This episode is the Season 2 finale, but would've been a reasonable series finale for the following reasons:
- It‘s the first episode where Jessie's dad and Darla appear, two characters who have been mentioned several times throughout the series.
- Jessie's dad gets married to Darla's mom in this episode.
- It illustrates that family is worth fighting for.
- Jessie almost quit because the kids weren't obeying her, something they never do in the series. Her job holds the whole series together; without her, there would be no Jessie.
- The episode was first in the part of Friday Night of Premieres right after Wander Over Yonder's episode "The Greatest / The Egg".
- This is the Season 2 finale.
- This is the second time the Ross kids almost lose Jessie as their nanny after New York, New Nanny.
- Jessie says her dad believed giving back the Panama Canal was a huge mistake, the same way many felt after the treaty to eventually return the canal to Panama was signed by then-President Jimmy Carter in 1977.
- The United States controlled the canal from its opening in 1903 through the end of 1978. From 1979 through the end of 1999, the canal was under the joint control of the U.S. and Panama. On January 1, 2000, Panama took full possession.
- The music where Emma sees Caleb was later used in the Season 2 premiere of BUNK'D.
- Molly Shannon who plays Wanda in Hotel Transylvania guest stars in this episode.
- When Colonel Shannon throws her bouquet, Emma goes into the group of single women to catch it even though she’s already in a relationship with Caleb.
- During the push up scene, you can clearly see that the grass is fake, so Ravi could not have gotten grass in his mouth or Zuri swallowing a slug.
| To view the G.I. Jessie gallery, click here.