|“||Gee, you get your head stuck in a bucket for two minutes and you miss so much!||”|
Jessie enters Zuri into the Little Miss Big Apple Competition against Lindsey, a kid who Agatha's watching. But when Zuri can't sing The Star Spangled Banner right, Jessie wants her to lip sync. Meanwhile, Luke and Ravi play practical jokes on Bertram while doing experiments for Ravi's science project.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
Jessie: First, I'm going to cry, maybe something good will come out of that.
Emma: Wait a minture. you said who ever loses, and you both lost.
Jessie: Now you listen to me?! Where were you when I said "Having a penpal in Juvie was a bad idea?"
- The title of this episode is based on the Walt Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast.
- The movie, Dolphin Tale, makes Ravi cry and go through a lot of tissues.
- When Zuri tells Jessie that she's gonna enter the Little Miss Big Apple Competition, Jessie told her that beauty pageants are sexist and demeaning to women. Ironically, in The Suite Life on Deck, Cody told Bailey (also portrayed by Debby Ryan) this when she told him she is entering a beauty pageant as well.
- Also when Zuri asked how many pageants Jessie lost she replied 3, Ironically Bailey said she won the Miss Jr. Mulch 3 times at the KettleCorn Mulch Festival.
- This is Agatha's second appearance.
- This is the only episode to feature a cutaway.
- We learn that Emma once had a penpal in juvie.
- Emma is wearing the same headband that Jessie wore in Are You Cooler Than a 5th Grader?
- This is the first episode of May in 2012.
- When Agatha told Jessie that Lindsey takes karate, Lindsey and Agatha were standing on the left in front of the popcorn stand, but in the next shot, after Lindsey had flipped Jessie, they were standing on the right side of the park.
| To view the Beauty & the Beasts gallery, click here.